These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
Please be sure to address how you meet the
Success Criteria below in your Cover Letter: (A skills demonstration may also be included as part of the interview process.)
- Caterpillar specific experience as a technician or trainer
- Recent experience teaching in the Electric Power Generation (EPG) Industry
- Recent experience working in the Electric Power Generation (EPG) Industry on a technical level or as a technician
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
- Willingness to complete Caterpillar specific certifications
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- Five years recent diesel service experience (Note: Recent experience teaching at the college level or industry trainer experience or a combination of full-time equivalent teaching at the college level and industry trainer experience may be substituted, year for year, for recent diesel service experience.)
- Caterpillar Specific certification in all areas of instruction is required within the first year of hire for full time faculty.
- AAS or Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in diesel service or a field appropriate to diesel service