These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing equitable and inclusive services to a diverse student population.
- Skill in researching and resolving financial aid questions and cases.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a significant work load with guiding and training other office staff as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships between FA and other campus offices and constituents.
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of college level course work in business, social science or related area. Experience performing the duties described above may substitute for the college level course work on a year-for-year basis.
- Two years of experience working in an environment which involves providing technical assistance and guidance to others and working with complex procedures and regulations; one year must have been in an academic financial aid office.
- Good verbal, human relations and presentation skills required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to maintain accurate records and convey complex technical information to students, staff and the public.
- Requires keyboarding, filing, math and good problem solving skills.
- Computer skills (data entry, document imaging and word processing) required.
- Experience working directly with students.
Knowledge of conflict management principles and strategies to de-escalate difficult conversations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal regulations regarding the administration of financial aid.
- Familiarity with standard office software, imaging software, and student information systems such as Banner, Colleague, PowerFAIDS, etc.