These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current F-1 student visa rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of policies and procedures relating to admissions, registration, testing, and placement.
Displayed Skills in:
- Researching and locating information related to internal and external organizations using online and other sources.
- Evaluating transcripts and graduation petitions.
- Delivering classroom and public presentations.
- Operating a computer and various supporting software packages.
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- Bachelor’s degree in International Studies, Social Science, Liberal Arts, or related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Two years of experience in intercultural communication and working in a post-secondary environment advising international students.
- One year of experience working as a Designated School Official (DSO) for a college or a university.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Fluency in one language other than English.
- Experience studying abroad.
3-5 years DSO in maintaining SEVIS records for a large population of F-1 international students.
- Ability to work successfully with Google Drive, EAB (Navigate), Banner.
- Skills in community services and resources for appropriate referrals.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.