These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Experience preparing complex financial statements, reports and analysis, including CAFR reporting.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and demonstrated experience with successful staff team building.
- Experience with non-profit/college fund accounting standards and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex timelines with multiple stakeholders
- Experience developing proven internal control practices and monitoring compliance with applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Experience overseeing financial transactions for asset capitalization/depreciation, accruals, property tax collections and bank reconciliations.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in a culturally diverse organization with multiple locations.
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related area (relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis).
- Five years progressively responsible, professional experience related to area of assignment.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of governmental accounting (GASB) and audit standards.
- Successful participation in GFOA Certificate of Achievement in Financial Reporting award.
- Experience using Ellucian Banner or other large ERP systems.
- Experience coordinating audits and functioning as liaison to independent external auditors.