||Math, Aviation & Industrial Technology Division
||RC-Rock Creek Campus
|Best Consideration Date
||Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient
qualified applications have been received.
Portland Community College's Math, Aviation and Industrial Technology Division at Rock Creek is looking for an Office Assistant II (OA II). This position is responsible for a wide variety of office support and administrative functions, in support of the departments in this division. You will need to have full proficiency in general office functions, as well as the ability to learn and use a significant level of technical knowledge of the different departments.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/classified-jobs/OfficeAssistantII/
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated initiative; self-starter
with good judgement and excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both
orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to complete
projects by doing research, gathering information and putting forward
- Professional demeanor
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft
Office suite of programs (such as Excel, Word)
- Proficient in PC operating systems
- Proficient in basic math
- Ability to maintain accurate records
and attention to detail
- Ability to take and transcribe
effective minutes at meetings
- Ability to schedule and organize large
- Ability to complete assignments while
working in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Self-directed, with the capability of
prioritizing tasks to meet multiple deadlines
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years of office assistant experience (College or business school training may be substituted for up to two years of the experience requirement)
|Starting Salary Expectations
||The first two steps of the range are: $32,666 to $33,646 per year. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
|Position Grade Salary Range
||$32666 to $52419 Annual Salary
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age. Partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions (full-time employees only).
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- Starts at 6.67 hours of vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of sick leave per month
- 24 hours of additional personal leave days per year
- 11 Paid holidays
View a complete list of PCC benefits.
|Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
||Positions in this job family typically work in an office setting but may be assigned more physical duties such as transporting office supplies and equipment. Position involves sitting for extended periods of time while working at a computer terminal. Some positions may involve limited local travel.
|Background Check Required