Under the direction of management, oversees the timely and accurate processing of multiple payrolls for the college.
Will leads a team Payroll Specialists and Accountants in a fast-paced, customer service-focused environment. Maintains payroll work calendar, ensuring the timely payment and reporting of payroll withholdings, and pay. Responsible for completing quarterly and yearly multi-state tax reports. Acts as liaison to internal departments to provide guidance, build working relationships, and resolve escalated issues.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/payroll-supervisor/
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience leading payroll processes that involve multiple employee groups with varying benefits schedules and pay dates;
- Experience leading payroll processes for organizations with 1000 employees or more;
- Experience leading payroll teams of more than 5 employees;
- Experience implementing system changes;
- Experience developing and implementing process improvements;
- Accurate employment tax filing;
- Training and mentoring all learning styles;
- Using and following accounting principles
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, Finance, Administration or related area (experience performing the duties of the position may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis).
Three years of progressively responsible experience related to area of assignment, including two years of experience leading or supervising employees.
Successful completion of a leadership training program may substitute for up to 6 months of lead or supervisory experience.
- Recent experience with Banner system;
- Currently certified in Payroll;
- Proven Payroll Professional.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. After one year of management or confidential service, PCC also provides a 2% contribution to a 403(b) account for eligible management and confidential personnel. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age, as well as partial tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- 14.67 hours of vacation leave per month
- 1 day of sick leave per month
- 11 holidays
- 3 additional personal leave days per year
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr.benefits
View a complete list of PCC benefits.