||Aviation Maintenance Tech
||Rock Creek Campus
|Job Close Date
||Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received
The Aviation Maintenance Technology Department at Portland Community College's Rock Creek Campus is looking for an Instructional Support Technician III (IST III) to support the instructional programs.
Under the technical direction a faculty member or an instructional administrator, the Instructional Support Technician III prepares multiple laboratories or classrooms following specified instructions, and assists with the design, construction and/or fabrication of equipment, modules, and experiments that will be used in the laboratories or classrooms to assist the instructor in the delivery of desired instructional outcomes. Work is performed relatively independently subject to supervisory review and direction. In this position, you may provide work direction to work-study, student helpers and casual employees and coordinate their activities.
PCC’s Aviation Maintenance Technology program offers students the opportunity to enter an exciting field in less than two years, providing the skills needed to enter a robust industry that relies on high-quality technicians.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/classified-jobs/ist-3/
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Two year certificate in Aviation Maintenance Technology for an accredited institution
- Holds GAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic certificate
- Self-starter who collaboratively contributes to problem solving challenges, is dependable and is a quick learner
- Minimum of 2 years of experience exercising the privileges of an FAA mechanic certificate
- Enjoys contributing to the learning process of students
- Desirous and able to repair aircraft and related support equipment
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Demonstrable experience in inventory control
- Aircraft Run / Taxi qualified
- Holds current state Driver License
- Experience, and ability to qualify, in forklift operation
- Demonstrable experience in aircraft parts purchasing
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. to chest height
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a team player
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of post-secondary education in aviation maintenance (relevant experience may substitute for the post-secondary education requirement on a year-for-year basis)
- Two years of experience supporting laboratory activities in aviation maintenance
- Must have proven communications skills adequate to assist students in understanding the work they are to perform and ability to lead others.
|Starting Salary Expectations
||The first two steps of the range are: $38,336 to $39,486 per year. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
|Position Grade Salary Range
||$38336 to $61518 Annual Salary
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age. Partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions (full-time employees only).
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- Starts at 6.67 hours of vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of sick leave per month
- 24 hours of additional personal leave days per year
- 11 Paid holidays
View a complete list of PCC benefits.
|Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
||Work pressure, disturbances of work flow and/or irregularities in work schedule are expected and occur on an intermittent basis. Changes in the performance environment require occasional upgrading of skills. Working conditions may be somewhat disagreeable requiring occasional exposure to safety hazards, noise and temperature extremes. Some learned physical skills are required. Physical effort such as frequent standing, walking and lifting; guiding and/or carrying of lightweight materials or equipment; occasional periods of sustained effort.
|Background Check Required