These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Demonstrated technical skills and understanding of GIS and UAV equipment, hardware, and software
- Demonstrated ability to work with faculty to establish lab lessons and set up lab
- Proven ability to work well with colleagues to identify instructional needs, communicate and implement plans
- Experience identifying safety issues and implementing safety procedures
- Experience working with system wide departments or entities to ensure that processes are followed, risks are reduced and resources are acquired to meet goals
- Demonstrated ability to understand and support the GIS program’s commitment to increasing diversity in our GIS program and widening access in terms of gender, socioeconomics, age, race and ethnicity
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of post-secondary education in Geography, Geographical Information Systems, or a related field (Relevant experience may substitute for the post-secondary education requirement on a year-for-year basis)
- Three years of experience in Geography, Geographic Informational Systems, or a related field
- Proven written and oral communication skills adequate to assist students in understanding the work they are to perform
- Proven ability to lead others an evaluate performance
- Completion of a GIS certificate or foundation coursework
- Experience coordinating a lab
- Experience supporting faculty in lab
- Experience working with students and supporting their academic goals