This position is categorized as Onsite Flex, with an average of 3 days per week minimum onsite expectation.
Portland Community College is seeking a highly motivated and equity-minded leader for the Executive Dean of Teaching & Learning Support. We are seeking candidates who will prioritize the student experience and equitable student success outcomes within a portfolio of departments focused on teaching excellence, curriculum development & support, accessibility, and academic & learning support. This senior level position will champion and guide continuous improvement within a large. complex institution related to policy, practice, and services. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to adapt and thrive in a large, multi-location higher education environment that is in the middle of significant and transformational change.
Reporting to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Executive Dean of Teaching & Learning Support serves as the College’s leader for teaching and learning excellence. The Division includes the following four departments and areas: Accessible Education & Disability Resources (Accessible Technology, Student Accommodations); Teaching, Learning, and Curricular Innovation (Curriculum Office, Experiential Learning, Learning Assessment, Center for Teaching & Learning Excellence); Learning Support (Tutoring Services & Co-Curricular Support, Library, Digital Literacy, Student Assessment and Testing); and the Title III Grant.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/executive-dean-of-teaching-learning-support/
Portland Community College strives to develop and sustain a collaborative community committed to excellence in teaching and learning so that students are provided every opportunity to successfully achieve their academic goals.
This shared vision recognizes that excellence in teaching and learning is reached by:
- Creating opportunities for faculty to maintain a high level of relevance in their programs, disciplines, and pedagogical approaches.
- Acknowledging that teaching and learning is an ecosystem wherein the entire college community feels empowered, supported, and responsible to work in partnership toward equitable student success.
- Promoting a faculty & staff culture where self-reflection, innovation, and continual improvement are valued.
- Recognizing the strength that diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to the teaching and learning environment.
- Establishing the time and space to allow for formal discussions and professional development for faculty.
- Placing students at the center and taking every opportunity possible to engage students in the conversation.
- Acknowledging Culturally Responsive Teaching pedagogy as a cornerstone of teaching and learning excellence.
Transformational Leadership Competencies
In order to actualize our commitment to opportunity and equitable student success, we seek transformational leaders who exemplify the PCC Leadership competencies
Advances Racial and Social Justice
Identifies systemic racism and social oppression and actively works toward their elimination; implements culturally responsive practices and processes to achieve equitable student outcomes.
Drives Vision and Purpose
Articulates and executes a vision for student-centered (flexible, multimodal, inclusive) delivery of instruction and services.
Builds ownership in transformational change and establishes conditions for authentic exploration and engagement cross-departmentally to arrive at collaborative solutions that lead to student success.
Accelerates Agility and Innovation
Analyzes systems, policies and practices and commits to continuous program improvement through the strategic use of culturally responsive data.
Partners to solve problems, adapts communication and approaches, supports healthy conflict, and develops strong relationships across all disciplines and functional areas to advance institutional goals.