Portland Community College’s Medical Imaging program is seeking a full-time instructor.
Portland Community College’s Medical Imaging program includes Radiography, MRI Technology, Computed Tomography, and Vascular Interventional Radiography.
Portland Community College serves nearly 60,000 full and part-time students across a large and diverse service area, with four campuses and multiple education centers. We are committed to a culture which values belonging, justice, diversity, equity and inclusion. A demonstrated commitment to culturally responsive and inclusive services designed to improve equitable educational outcomes for college students is required for this position.
The primary office location will be Sylvania Campus. In addition, there will be some occasions where business will be required at other PCC or off-site locations. There will be some limited opportunities for remote/hybrid work, as approved by the position supervisor and executive leaders.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/instructor-qualifications/rad/
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Master’s Degree (required to serve as program director)
- Experience in medical imaging education at an educational or healthcare setting in a variety of modalities or educational delivery methods
- Ability to ensure program adherence to credentialing bodies (JRCERT) and ARRT professional qualifications and standards
- Ability to lead and manage medical imaging programs, successfully applying a collaborative and solution-focused leadership approach to supervision, problem solving, and advocacy
- Experience working with multiple industry partners and both internal and external stakeholders to seek continuous improvement in reaching program outcomes and student success
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, technology, as well as staff and student mentoring
- Proven instructional experience embedding Culturally Responsive Education in curriculum and practices for diverse audiences demonstrating an ability to create and nurture a sense of community, well-being, and belonging
- Demonstrated communication skills with a trauma-informed lens to a wide range of students with varied experiences, perspectives, and unique goals, to increase diversity in the medical imaging profession
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- Associate degree or higher in any field
- Current ARRT certification
- Oregon license in radiography (or be eligible within 3 months)
- 3 years or more radiography work experience. Recent teaching experience at the college level or industry training experience, or a combination of the two, may be substituted (year for year) for recent experience in the Imaging industry
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. A portion of the 6% will be diverted to The Employee Pension Stability Account as mandated by Senate Bill 1049. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for courses offered at PCC for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age; plus partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
* Please note: Temporary Full-Time Faculty are not eligible for Personal Leave Days, Life Insurance, Long-term Disability, or AD&D Insurance.
- 1 day of sick leave for every 18 days worked (~10 per year)
- 21 hours of additional personal leave per year
- 4 paid holidays (which occur during the term you are teaching)
View a complete list of PCC benefits.