These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Current knowledge of aviation maintenance technical skills, with recent aviation industry experience exercising the privileges of the Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- Experience teaching or training, and developing curriculum or learning materials, in an academic environment or workplace instructional role
- Demonstrates or explains how one would develop curriculum and deliver instruction in response to differences in individual experiences
- Demonstrated strong communication skills in both verbal and written formats
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective and contributing member of a team
- Demonstrated proficiency using 21st century teaching technologies, including presentation and instructional software applications, and common courseware design programs
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- Current FAA Mechanic Certificate with both Airframe and Powerplant ratings
- Associate of Applied Science in Aviation Maintenance Technology or other related technical service field
- Five (5) years experience with both the Airframe and Powerplant mechanic certificate ratings as indicated by14 CFR Part 65.83;
- At least eight (8) years experience with both the Airframe and Powerplant mechanic certificate rating as indicated by14 CFR Part 65.83(could include a combination of experience as an A&P mechanic, A&P mechanic lead/supervisor, and/or mechanic training instructor).
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. A portion of the 6% will be diverted to The Employee Pension Stability Account as mandated by Senate Bill 1049. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for courses offered at PCC for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age; plus partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
* Please note: Temporary Full-Time Faculty are not eligible for Personal Leave Days, Life Insurance, Long-term Disability, or AD&D Insurance.
- 1 day of sick leave for every 18 days worked (~10 per year)
- 21 hours of additional personal leave per year
- 4 paid holidays (which occur during the term you are teaching)
View a complete list of PCC benefits.